Rooms in the conference venue
The conference venue, the Quality Hotel Edvard Grieg, has blocked almost all its rooms for the ESCCA Conference. The special, reduced ESCCA room rate includes a shuttle service, as explained in the next section.
If necessary, additional rooms will be made available in the partner hotel, the Comfort Bergen Airport hotel located some 5-8 minutes from the Edvard Grieg hotel. In that case a shuttle will be provided between the two hotels during the conference days.
On the arrival and departure days, a shuttle service will be provided between the airport and the Edvard Grieg hotel.
In addition, there will be a bus transfer to/from Bergen city centre on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the late afternoon after the last session.
In case the Edvard Grieg Hotel is fully booked and rooms need to be reserved in the Comfort Bergen Airport hotel, a daily bus transfer between these two hotels will be provided before the start of the first session and after the last session.
Information on the time schedule for these transfers will be published on this webpage in August.
- These transfers are included in the room rate but are only available for rooms booked via the dedicated reservation form for ESCCA (see further below).
- Delegates wishing to stay elsewhere, e.g. in Bergen city centre, should arrange their own transportation to/from the Conference.
ESCCA room rates
For both hotels:
- Standard double room single use: NOK 1220 per room per night (approx. 126 euro)
- Double/twin room: 1470 NOK per room per night (approx. 152 euro)
These rates include:
- complimentary internet access
- bus tranfers as described above
Note that the reduced ESCCA rate including the transfers can only be obtained when the reservation is realised via the dedicated booking form on this webpage. Individual reservations made directly to the Comfort Hotel or any other hotel do not include the use of the ESCCA bus transfers.
- Reservations must be made before 24 June.
- Reservations will be processed and confirmed in the order of receipt of the dedicated ESCCA online reservation form (see below).
- Should the Quality Hotel Edvard Grieg be fully booked at the time your reservation is received, you will be automatically booked in their sister hotel, the Comfort Bergen Airport hotel. A shuttle service between the hotels will be provided.
- After you have submitted the form, the hotel will confirm your booking by e-mail with your individual booking number as soon as the reservation has been processed. Please note that they will ask for your creditcard information at that time.
Reservation individual delegates
Make your reservation: please only use this dedicated reservation form.
By accessing and submitting the reservation form, you agree with all terms and conditions described on this webpage.
Agencies that need to make a group booking for more than 5 rooms, should complete this spreadsheet and return it to the Edvard Grieg Hotel directly. The contact details are mentioned in the form.
Changes or cancellations
Quality Hotel Edvard Grieg must be notified in writing of all cancellations and changes to the reservation in order for any such requests to be considered valid. This could be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 09.09.19.